About the country
Mauritius, an Indian Ocean island nation, is known for its beaches, lagoons and reefs. The mountainous interior includes Black River Gorges National Park, with rainforests, waterfalls, hiking trails and wildlife like the flying fox. Capital Port Louis has sites such as the Champs de Mars horse track, Eureka plantation house and 18th-century Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Gardens.
- Mauritius Company portrays a good image to your Clients
- Great reputation for prominent trade operations
- Exemption from stamp duties, registration duties or other such fees
- Royalties paid to non-residents are exempted from taxes
- High confidentiality, no public records/li>
- Bank account in Mauritius
- Not blacklisted
- No tax on income and dividends;
- No capital gains and inheritance tax;
- No exchange control restrictions;
- Standard corporate tax rate of 15% is reduced to a net effective tax rate of 3%;
- Free repatriation of profits, dividends and capital.
About that Regulating body :
The regulator and supervisor for this activity is the Mauritius Financial Services Commission. Our experienced team in Mauritius will help you and guide you through the licensing process, preparing your paperwork, giving you priceless input and delivering more services than most Corporate Services Providers are offering.
Licence name :
- Foreign Investment Dealer Licence – Commodity Derivatives Segment; or
- Foreign Investment Dealer Licence – Currency Derivatives Segment
- Issued by: Financial Services Commission (FSC), Mauritius.
- Under Mauritius Financial Services Act 2007 and Securities Act 2005.
Accounting and Audit
The capital requirement / paid-up capital for a FX / Securities Dealers licensed entity in Mauritius is only 30,000 USD (excluded of the setup and licensing price - can come from other entities, e.g. based on board resolutions).